1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. Entry: To qualify for the bimonthly Gatherings with Purpose Small Towns Big Dreams contest, you must fill out the Official Entry form online at www.gatherings.info (maximum one entry per person, bimonthly - every other calendar month). You will be asked to provide your first and last name, address, month and year of birth (all entrants must be 18 years of age or older), email address, a description of your dream community improvement project and an image or video depicting it. Entries may be edited for spelling and clarity. This contest will end Dec. 31, 2013, at which point all entries will be removed from the Gatherings website. All contestant information shall be used solely by Modern Woodmen of America. No contestant information will be sold, shared or given away. Entrants consent to use of his/her name, city, state, photograph and video for editorial, advertising, promotional and publicity purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law.
3. Selection: One winner will be selected by the Modern Woodmen of America Gatherings team at or about 11 a.m. Central Standard Time on the first nonholiday weekday bimonthly, immediately following the bimonthly contest period (May, July, September, November and January). Winners will be selected based on the proposed community improvement project outlined in the entry and the number of Facebook “likes.” Nonwinning entries will carry over into the following bimonthly entry period and will be eligible to win again. Entrants’ Facebook “likes” will be reset to zero at the end of each bimonthly period.
4. Prize: One $1,000 prize will be awarded bimonthly via a check payable to the entrant. All entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. Central time the last day of each bimonthly entry period (April, June, August, October and December) for consideration. Bimonthly winners will be posted on the Winners page on the Gatherings.info site (http://gatherings.info/Pages/ContestWinners.aspx).
5. Eligibility: The Gatherings with Purpose Small Towns Big Dreams contest is offered only in the United States to legal residents of the United States, who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees or representatives of Modern Woodmen of America and their advertising agencies, including their immediate families, are not eligible to enter. Modern Woodmen of America will not be responsible for late, misdirected or lost entries or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. The authorized account holder of the email address and the entrant must be the same person. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All entries become the property of Modern Woodmen of America and will not be returned to entrant. Potential winner may be requested to provide proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Winners of this contest are not allowed to re-enter the contest.
6. Winner Selection: The bimonthly winner will be selected by Modern Woodmen of America’s Gatherings team based on the proposed community improvement project outlined in submitted entries and Facebook “likes.” The winner will be notified by email, phone and/or mail within 5 business days of selection. If winner is unreachable after 10 business days or if winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received. Potential winner must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility form within 10 business days of notification via mail and/or facsimile. Noncompliance within this time period will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Decision of Modern Woodmen of America is final. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Nonwinning entries will carry over into the next bimonthly entry period and will be eligible to win again. Entrants’ Facebook “likes” will be reset to zero at the end of each bimonthly entry period (May, July, September, November and January). Winners of this contest are not allowed to re-enter the contest.
7. Accepting Prizes: The winner consents to the use of his/her name, city, state, submitted photographs and video for editorial, advertising, promotional and publicity purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Winner agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Modern Woodmen of America, all media outlets and all participating sweepstakes from all claims or damages arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or the possession of the prize received. The winner is required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility form prior to release of the prize.
8. General Conditions: Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the selection of Modern Woodmen of America, which is final on all matters pertaining to the contest. This contest is governed by the laws of the United States and is void where restricted or prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate prize winner.