Helpful Tips & Articles
Information on retirement planning, insurance and more.
5 Savings Tips
- Pay off your credit card every month. Some American households carry more than $7,000 in credit card debt. Learn more about managing debt.
- Start saving now. Because of compound interest, it’s better to save a small amount now for the next 10 years than to try to save more later in life. More>>
- Be prepared. It’s important to save at least three months worth of living expenses in case of an emergency. Learn more about budgeting your finances.
- Know your retirement needs. Assuming a 3 percent inflation rate, a 40-year-old making $25,000 per year will need an annual income of $52,000 to maintain the same standard of living in retirement. More>>
- Start saving for your child’s college education today. Today college costs about $58,000 for four years at an in-state, public school. Costs will reach more than $139,000 by 2026. Learn more about saving for college with our college savings planner.
Set a foundation with life insurance. Life insurance is the foundation of a solid financial plan. What do you need to protect yourself and your loved ones? More>>
Consider buying disability income insurance. A 20-year-old has a 30 percent chance of becoming disabled before retirement. More>>
Consider long-term care insurance. The costs of long-term care can average $50,000 to $75,000 per year or more. This can be financially devastating. More>>
Get quality health insurance. There are 39.2 million people under the age of 65 without health insurance in America – however, one hospital stay can devastate most people financially. More>>
Financial Planning Articles
Budgeting for your reunion – Tips for a fun family reunion that won’t break the bank. More>>
We love retirement – A couple shares the steps they took toward a great life in retirement. More>>
What I’ve learned – A couple discusses the financial lessons an unexpected event taught them. More>>
No loose ends – Learn about end-of-life planning. More>>