Send treasure chest invitations! A scavenger hunt for everyone is a great way to get the whole family involved, especially if the hunt involves clues about family memories, past generations, heritage and future predictions. The hidden treasure chest can hold something everyone can enjoy, such as food or small prizes.
Gatherings user Judi from Park Hills, Missouri, suggests a twist on this theme. Ask participants to take photos of the items in the treasure hunt. Award points for the treasure that is found. The person or team with the most points wins a prize.
- Use netting instead of a tablecloth.
- Red bandanas make great placemats.
- Drape fish netting and fish cutouts across walls or in doorways.
- Seashells can be assembled into a great and simple centerpiece.
- Buy cheap and gaudy necklaces, rings and jewels and spread out on the tables.
Gatherings with Purpose Idea: