Theme submitted by Gatherings Gal, Rock Island, Illinois
Deck yourself out in green and host a blarney bash for family and friends. Here are a few ideas to host a party with the luck o’ the Irish. Overall Ideas:
- Make a large paper-mache rock (or bring in a stone from your backyard) to place inside the main entrance. Ask each guest to kiss the blarney stone for the luck of the Irish.
- Remind all guests to wear green to avoid getting pinched. To make sure everyone is properly attired, offer strands of green beads to guests as they arrive.
- Check out my ideas for corned beef to get you started. I will be cooking corned beef for the first time. What about you?
- Remember that almost everything can turn green with a simple ingredient – food coloring! I love coloring punch, frosting and even the center of deviled eggs.
- Don’t forget to use a shamrock cookie cutter! You can cut cookies, finger sandwiches or jello cut-outs.
- I think snack mix and nuts are a must for any party. Serve them from plastic leprechauns’ hats found at the party store.
- Green is the name of the game on St. Patrick’s Day. Cover tables in green tablecloths, inflate green balloons to use throughout the room and use green plates and napkins.
- Kids can help you cut shamrocks out of green paper. These can decorate tables and walls.
- If you are feeling ambitious, design a large rainbow on a piece of butcher paper. This is also a great project for kids and can decorate an entire wall. Don’t forget the pot of gold!
- Scatter gold chocolate coins on tables for a decorative (and delicious) touch.
Gatherings with Purpose Idea: