Theme submitted by Gatherings Gal, Illinois
Baseball. This sport brings all ages together for true summer fun.
So why not use this idea for your next gathering? Create your own "ballpark" for a birthday party, family reunion or any other summer gathering. You'll hit it out of the park with these simple ideas.Overall Ideas:
- I love quirky invites. Foam baseballs would make memorable and fun invitations. You can write party details on the ball itself or you could use a pushpin to add the paper invite.
- A friend recently told me about her idea to create a "concession stand" at a recent baseball-themed party. She gave each guest an allotment of Monopoly money to purchase hot dogs, popcorn, peanuts, nachos and more.
- If your guests are interested, start a game of whiffle ball. It's safer than baseball and fun for all ages.
- No need to stray from the classics. Fire up the grill to cook hot dogs, bring out a crock pot for Nacho Dip and fill bowls with popcorn, peanuts and Cracker Jacks for munching.
- Fill a cooler with soda for refreshments.
- Find a few squares of green astroturf to use in the center of tables for a quirky centerpiece.
- Fill baskets or bowls with baseballs for true themed decor. Or pull out old baseball gloves and scatter throughout the space.
- You may have pennants from your school or favorite teams. If not, create your own pennants from card stock or poster board to adorn walls.
Gatherings with Purpose Idea: