Theme submitted by Gatherings Gal, Illinois
It's one of my favorite times of the year - the season of food on sticks, ferris wheels and dusty entertainment (demolition derby, anyone?)
Don't despair when the week of fair fun is over. Host your own county fair party to extend the true Americana good time a little longer.Overall Ideas:
- To channel the true feel of a county fair, ask guests to dress in their most comfortable fair attire. In other words - denim, cowboy boots and bandanas are the norm.
- Send invites with an inexpensive bandana. The bandana can be worn to the party.
- For a fun bandana-themed game, tell guests when arriving that they are not allowed to eat anything not on a stick. If they are caught taking any food off a stick to eat, someone can steal his or her bandana. The person with the most bandanas at the end of the night wins a prize.
- The stereotypical fair foods are on a stick, so play this up at your party. Corn on the cob, corndogs, fruits, vegetables and cheese can all be skewered. The ideas are endless. You can serve everything on a stick or have food served normally and provide sticks as utensils.
- Fresh-squeezed lemonade is a great refreshment for this party.
- Consider renting a cotton candy machine for something fun and unique.
- Use bandanas on tables and as pennants for a country feel.
Cover tables in red and white checkered tablecloths and fill centerpieces with summertime flowers like sunflowers or daisies.
Gatherings with Purpose Idea: