Slam-Dunk Basketball Party
Theme submitted by Gatherings Gal, Illinois
I think these party ideas are so perfect – your gathering will be “nothing but net.”Overall Ideas:
- What better type of invite for a tournament than the bracket? Write the party details right on the bracket. Ask guests to fill in their choices and bring them to the party. They should enter the scores and winners of each game and all the brackets will be included in a pool. The winners will receive a prize.
- Ask guests to wear jerseys or attire from their favorite teams. I also think it’d be fun to assign one person to be the ‘referee,’ complete with a striped top and a whistle.
- Find ways to get active with your guests. You could shoot hoops outside, hold a dribbling contest or bring out a basketball-themed video game for guests in between games.
- I love simple recipes that can be eaten throughout the day and evening. I’d go with a slow cooker classic like hot beef sandwich.
- Serve with a variety of chips, crackers and snack mixes (my favorites are puppy chow and party mix). Throw a few bottles of sports drinks in your fridge or cooler for refreshing, sports-themed refreshments.
- Decorate for your favorite team or simply use orange and black (the colors of a basketball) as your color scheme.
- Bring out a few blow-up basketballs. You can be sure they won't only look great, but will be fun for kids and adults to toss around the room (with no risk or breaking anything).
- Do you have basketball cards or other paraphernalia? Now's the time to bring it out of the basement!
Gatherings with Purpose Idea: