Theme submitted by Gatherings Gal, Illinois
Embrace your inner flower child and celebrate the environment for Earth Day. There's no better time to get back to your "roots."Overall Ideas:
- Go green from the start. Instead of sending a traditional paper invite, send an earth-friendly email or pass out wildflower seeds with party details written on the packet.
- For a fun activity that could have "Save the Earth" written all over it (literally), plant flowers in decorated terra cotta pots. Attendees can paint the pots with water-based paints to take home as a memento.
- Do you have a local farmers market? Try creating a menu to use all the things that can be grown locally. Veggie trays, fresh lettuce salads and fruit desserts are crowd pleasers.
- This fun dirt dessert looks like soil from the garden, but is actually a chocolate indulgence. Don't forget to add gummy worms on the top.
- For centerpieces, pick flowers from your garden and put them in vases or mason jars.
- For kid-friendly table settings, line the tables with recyclable butcher block paper and markers and ask the youngest guests to draw their representation of the Earth or their favorite garden flowers and plants.
Gatherings with Purpose Idea: