Theme submitted by Gatherings Gal, Illinois
Gatherings user John from Warren, Ore., shared the idea of a royal wedding party.
There's something very romantic about love and royalty. Overall Ideas:
- If you want to have a costumed event, encourage guests to wear formal wear, red and blue in honor of the British flag or royal dress (think glittering jewels and crowns).
- For a more casual gathering, make paper crowns for all the guests. Everyone can truly be a prince or princess at your party.
- Create trivia questions highlighting royal family details for a fun game.
- Have you heard the old adage - something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue? Adapt these to your menu. Choose an old family recipe, a new recipe, a recipe suggested by a friend and a recipe with blue ingredients (or even a blue punch).
- Don't forget the wedding cake! You can make it from scratch or pick up a boxed mix for ease.
- Toast to the newlyweds with sparkling cider or even orange juice.
- The British flag will make a graphic statement. Print the flag or draw it to adorn walls and tables.
- Pick up blue and red balloons for another festive touch.
- If you happen to own (or can borrow) an aisle runner, it would be fun to roll it out from the curb to your front door for guests.
Gatherings with Purpose Idea:
The royal family is notorious for giving back. In the spirit of giving, ask guests to bring gently used formal attire to donate to an organization like Donate my Dress, which provides the clothing for low-income teens.