Hard Hats and Safety Cones
Theme submitted by Lori, Wyoming, Minnesota
Gatherings user Lori from Wyoming, Minn., suggested a construction theme for a fun party idea. I love this theme and think it would be perfect for a variety of parties, but particularly for families and little boys! (Little boys particularly seem to love construction areas, dirt and heavy machinery, don't they?)
Here are some of my ideas for a "Hard Hats and Safety Cones" party theme for a little one.Overall Ideas:
- Ask guests to come wearing their construction clothes - jeans, T-shirts and work shoes. Kids will love dressing up and most items are common enough for any closet.
- One of the most important parts of the party are the hard hats. Purchase inexpensive construction helmets for each guest. (I found some on Oriental Trading for .50/hat.)
- Many games and activities would work into this theme. One idea is to have a contest for kids to build a skyscraper from Legos. The winner gets a prize.
- Many construction workers bring a sack lunch, so prepare sandwiches and snack items like Energy Trail Mix.
- Rent or borrow orange safety cones to set the tone. You can place them at the front door or up the front walk.
- Hang "Caution" tape around the space to make the party look like a construction zone.
- Do you have any tractor or construction toy trucks? If not, borrow some. These will make great decor, and they are also fun for kids to entertain themselves.
Gatherings with Purpose Idea: