Theme submitted by Velma Williams, Marrero, Louisiana
- Invite guests to show off their musical talents. Designate an area in your home or backyard to be the stage. Set up chairs so the other kids can watch as an audience until taking their turns to perform.
- Supply a karaoke machine, drum set, guitar or anything else you’re able to provide as equipment. Let the kids take turns performing their favorite song, dance or comedy routine on stage. If you want to incur the expense, rent a limo and take the kids for a spin around town to really make them feel like superstars.
- After the performances are complete, give small prizes to each child for most originality, most enthusiastic, most entertaining, etc.
- Make score cards with the numbers 1 through 10. Give a set to each guest so they score each performance.
- Hang cutouts of musical notes, instruments, famous singers and dancers around the stage.
Gatherings with Purpose Idea: